Sunday, May 24, 2009
Baby Update
It's been a pretty crazy week and a half. Went in last Thursday for a quick routine prenatal appointment and found out that the baby is measuring about four weeks behind what he should be. So I have spent every day this past week up at different doctor appointments. I've met with a perinatalogist and they did a very thorough hour long ultrasound and found out that apparently my placenta is conking out early so the baby is now only in the 19th percentile. They're telling me that if he drops below the tenth percentile then he needs to come out. So now it's just a balancing act trying to determine wether he's better off staying in me for another week or so or wether he's better off in the NICU. I had the steroid shots on Weds. and Thurs. to help his lungs develop quicker, and I'm going in every couple of days for Non Stress Tests to monitor his heart rate and movements. I'm supposed to be taking it easy (the nurses are telling me that means bedrest) and paying real close attention to his movements. The tricky part of that though is my placenta is right in front so I've had a hard time feeling him move this whole pregnancy because it's like the placenta is a pillow muffleing all his movements. I have such wonderful family, friends, neighbors, and ward members. I have had so many people bringing us food, cleaning my house, taking care of my kids . . . I just can't even believe the amount of love and support that has been pouring in. Such an overwelming and humbling experience. I've had two priesthood blessings and I know that there are so many people praying for this baby, the doctors are doing all they can so I just have to have faith that everything will work out the way it should.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Alayna we are so sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. I talked with Allison and Erin this week and found out about this. You are such a trooper and I am so glad that so many people have stepped up to help you, you deserve it! Please know that we are praying for you and your baby boy, I hope you feel some comfort. If you need anything please let me know...I'd love to make dinner or send my husband down to do some projects Jake doesn't have time for right now. :) He is reading this and loving that I am farming him out. :) If I can do anything please let me know we love you guys tons and hope all is well!
Thinking of you. Let me know what needs to be done. Call me for anything.
Hang in there! And just take it easy! Just keep busy with the Blog...it's relaxing! Right!?
Let me know if I can help in anyway!! I know you have a ton of family, but if they are all busy, call me.
Post a Comment