Today was Ridge's blessing day! The day started off pretty hectic, trying to get all the food and kids ready for church and the luncheon afterwards. I woke up with a killer headache. I tried taking some tylenol and a few swigs of Pepsi but nothing was working. Finally I asked Jake if he would give me a blessing because I really needed to be able to function. He did and within seconds after the blessing my headache lifted to just a dull ache and I was able to function the rest of the day. We made it to church early enough to fill out the blessing certificate. Ridge's blessing was beautiful! Jake did such a good job! I'm going to type a few of the things that Jake said in Ridge's blessing while I still remember so Ridge can read this one day. He talked about how Ridge's start in this life was pretty scary and how the Lord has a special purpose for Ridge. He talked about the Legacy of righteous living Ridge has to follow from his great-grandparents, grandparents, and parents who were all there to support him this day. It was a really beautiful blessing. The whole chapel was crying. Such a special day. I was so nervous that Ridge would cry during the blessing, or that Dalton and Gunnar would be too rambunctious for me to even hear it, but everything worked out perfectly. When Jake and Ridge sat back down, Jake handed Ridge to me and Ridge just smiled for like five minutes! Gunnar was watching him and he said, "I think Ridge wants to do that again, he liked it!"
After sacrament meeting we all went to the Lion's Club park for the luncheon. We had sloppy jo's, salads and treats. Here's a few pictures of the day. We didn't get around to doing a family picture with Ridge still in his blessing outfit so the family picture was taken just before we put the kids to bed we all look a little goofy but oh well.
1 comment:
That was truly a beautiful blessing. I really enjoyed the whole day also. Ridge is such a miracle, and surely has wonderful things to do on this earth. Now when he is a little bigger and does rotton things you can think of how much you cried, and how much you prayed that someday you would be able to have those kind of moments with him. I know I have thought that many time with Braxton, sometimes it really helps.
Post a Comment