
I realized while sitting and nursing Ridge in the dark this evening, that I need to just chill a little bit. I've sorta been freaking out a lot lately. I need to take more moments to relax and sit with my kids and just watch cars drive by. That's what got me thinking tonight. Jake and I got home from dinner and I got Dalton and Gunnar ready for bed and listened to their prayers and tucked them in and sang them to sleep. I haven't done that in a while. Sad, huh? It's extremely sad when life's to busy to take the time to sing my kids to sleep. I should be doing that every night. They're not going to want me to sing them to sleep forever. Then I nursed and rocked Ridge in the living room and watched a few lonely cars drive by. It reminded me of being at my Grandma and Grandpa Dalton's house and sitting in their living room watching cars go by. I got thinking about my grandparents and I could hear my Grandpa's voice, I can still remember the sound of his voice. He's been gone for ten years now; I'm glad that I can still remember the sound of his voice. Sometimes just the simplest things in life are the most important. Sometimes we need to just shut out the busyness and distractions and just breathe. . .and watch the cars go by.
3 comments:
I know how you feel. I used to sit and watch the cars go by in parents front room. It just seems like time is going by so fast.
That brought tears to my eyes, thank you. It is so true about the boys not wanting us to sing them to sleep forever, what a precious time in their lives.
That is SO true. Thank you for the reminder! I feel guilty at bedtime sometimes as well, it is just that by that time I have usually had all I can take, and I am completely exhausted...but that is no excuse, years down the road I won't care how tired I was- but I will regret missed opportunities.
Post a Comment