Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Girls Camp

The camp theme was Catch The Wave of Righousness. Each day was some type of ocean related theme. One day's theme was pirates. The girls were divided into teams to go on a treasure hunt. They had to complete different challenges, whoever finished first, got the most points, and found the hidden treasures along the way won. The challenge I was in charge of was the "good friend stick" they had to lick and stick as many lifesavers as they could on one girls face in a limited time, it was hilarious!



Our ward is amazing!








The first night the girls performed their skits. One of our very talented beehives wrote a rap for us to perform. We were the "dazzling darling dolphins" -here's a few lines from our rap: we may dance like dolphins, but we rock the house cuz the party don't start til sixth ward walks in! Our standards are high- better watch out guys! Our bishop is young, but he has no hair, we don't care- he's the dizzle sizzle!













Our stake leaders were the crabs. Here's a few lines from their skit: "We are the crabs, you think we're crabby, but we are happy! You want to cook us, but that is bad!" Then they did the cutest dance to the song by Sean Kingston -Call 911 fire burning on the dance floor. - It was awesome!
















The zipline- the pictures speak for themselves-AWESOME!










What a whirlwind the past few weeks have been! I spent the week of July 19-23 at the Heber Valley camp for our Stake Girls Camp. What an amazing week it was! Thanks so much to my family for watching the boys so I was able to go! Monday- Laura watched them, Tues.-Geana, Weds. and Thurs. Jake took off work to stay home with them, Friday-Joyce watched them until I got home in the afternoon.










What a neat, neat, experience girls camp was! The girls were so much fun to be around, the camp was amazing, the stake did an incredible job- it was awesome! The stake had it structured similar to EFY (I never had the opportunity to go to EFY, but that's what some of the girls said). They had us very scheduled but each activity was incredible! There was a challenge course with a zipline, a hike to the lake, canoeing, a virtue walk which our wonderful stake young women's presiden-Sharon Hall- took the girls to a beautiful overlook where she stood holding a gold flag (virtue) and discussed the importance of living a virtuous life. The spirit was so strong and I'm sure it was life changing for everyone there.










Up until camp I was really struggling with this calling. Feeling overwelmed, inadequate, etc. But up at camp I really was able to connect with the girls, feel the spirit, and trust that the Lord really does put us where he needs us and where we need to be.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

It looks like so much fun! Glad you posted! :)

Candace said...

You're such a great leader! I know the girls love you. I'm glad you were able to get away and experiance camp!

Stephanie said...

Wow, what a fun camp. You are amazing, I don't know how you handle all you have on your plate, but those are some very lucky girls to have you.

Erin M said...

Glad you had fun. Sounds like it was a great experience. What lucky girls.