Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day at the Cabin and Downata Hot Springs







Jake left Weds. morning for a 6 day deer hunting trip with Shane to Wyoming. I decided to go up to my parents cabin Sunday afternoon after baby Maddie and Tinley's blessings. Jake ended up coming home Saturday night because the deer moved out of his unit. I decided to still go because I had already made plans to meet Natalie and my mom up there and I had invited Dana to go with me. Dalton stayed home with Jake so it was Dana, me, Gunnar, and Ridge who rode up together. We got up there in time for dinner Sunday night, then we watched Soul Surfer. Monday morning Natalie made us pancakes, eggs, and bacon. After breakfast we cleaned up then Dana and I took the boys to Downata Hot Springs in Downy- about a half hour away from the cabin. We had a blast! Dana got some cool pictures of Gunnar doing flips off the side of the pool. Ridge had a good time splashing away in the baby pool.

Ridge loves Dana! He would way rather she hold him then me! He kept telling her, "want you hold me!"












Kynlee and Ridge were such good helpers to help Natalie make breakfast.














































































































































































































































Gunnar loved going down the slide!

















Ridge was a little more nervous to go down, but once he did he loved it!






















































We were pretty crammed with all of our gear in the car. My parents just closed on this cabin the end of August so there's no beds or anything up there yet. Once it's more stocked and furnished we won't have to bring up quite so much stuff.


















When we were leaving the hot springs we drove alongside this train for a little ways. The kids loved watching the choo choo and Dana was able to snap this cool picture of it.















Dana and I have been friends since we were three. I'm so glad she was able to come along on this trip:)















In front of the cabin is a huge open meadw where Gunnar got to practice soccer a little.
















My favorite part of the cabin is the beautiful front porch that faces the meadow. My parents have watched quite a few deer come down and eat in the meadow. I'm pretty sure Ridge scared off any deer that thought about eating in the meadow this trip:)


Even though it was just a short trip, it was so fun to enjoy one last day of summer:)
























4 comments:

Shane and Geana said...

That sounds like a ton of fun. I am glad you got to have a getaway while the boys were off hunting.

Shane and Geana said...

I LOVE the new pics of the boys down the side, so handsome!

Dawn said...

Your boys are so handsome and all grown up! Where is the cabin you stayed at? I live about 35 minutes south of Downata Hot Springs. Maybe we will have to meet up when you come to the cabin.

Dawn said...

Oh and I love your family pictures! That is a fun pose with the fam!