Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Green Smoothie!!!







Well I've officially jumped on the green smoothie band wagon. I love the energy they give me and and I love to find any way I can to cram more fruits and veggies into our diet. And an added bonus: My kids love them! I've been trying out different recipes to try to find one that I don't have to add any sugar to. I came up with one tonight that I absolutely love! Thought I'd share:

-one handful grapes

-one bananna

-about 2 large handfuls spinach

-2 cups pineapple (we just used canned pineapple)

-1/2-1 cup pineapple juice

- one apple

-1 cup vanilla yogurt

-1 heaping cup crushed ice

-I also added a trace minerals Greens Pak for some extra vitamins- why not?

Blend it all up real well and enjoy:) So good for you and it tastes great!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Thanks for sharing your recipe!!

Aubrey said...

I've been trying to cram fruits and veggies in too by making smoothies. I'll have to try your yummy recipe - it sounds good! One nice tip I learned from my mother-in-law is to freeze the fruit so you don't have to use ice - plus it makes the fruit last longer. I miss you! Hope you have a great Christmas!