Saturday, July 7, 2012

Rockport 2012

We had our annual Rockport trip with the Weston's June 25-27th. It was a great time! We pulled up Grandma's trailer for her, then Jake, the boys and I stayed in our tent. It's nice that Rockport is so close and easily accessible for everyone. This was the first trip since Grandpa's passing, and we all were definitely missing him. Even though she never said, I know Grandma must have been missing him a lot. We're so glad she came anyways though. I'm so grateful that all the Weston's are such a close knit bunch!
I had just gotten back from girl's camp saturday afternoon, had mtgs. sunday morning, spoke in sacrament, then we left for Rockport monday morning! Lucky for me I have an awesome husband who not only held down the fort while I was gone for a week at girl's camp, but he had gone grocery shopping and done all the packing so we could go to Rockport!





Gunnar, Riley and Dalton had a blast riding their bikes all around camp.

Ridge and Great Grandma were checking out eachother's glasses!

Gunnar caught a keeper all right!









Rex and Pam's family did an awesome family home evening on service after our annual fish fry Tuesday night. They served frost your own sugar cookies for dessert, which Ridge thoroughly enjoyed!
We had a great time out fishing on Grandpa's boat. Landon and Mike were adventurous and decided to swim in the chilly water! Dalton spent most of his time mastering kyaking with his 4th cousin Kyler (Uncle Harold's, Eldon's brother, great-grandson)
Gunnar, Riley, and I rode on David's raft while Dalton and Kyler toted us behind with the kyaks.


It was fun while it lasted- until the raft started to fill up with water and we had to abandon ship!

Jake, Gunnar, Ridge and I were out fishing in the boat in the main channel. The next thing I know, Dalton, Riley, and Kyler have kyaked out to us! They went all over the place in those things!

My favorite parts of this year's trip were:
-Spending some quality time with my boys, especially after being away from them for a week.
-Sleeping in the tent. Ridge is finally old enough to actually sleep while we're camping-YAY! And the boys had a blast telling bedtime stories and staying in the tent as a family.
-Monday night Jake, Ridge, and I went out night fishing in the boat. It was so beautiful and peaceful being out on the calm lake at night. It reminded me of nights at Lake Powell when I was a kid on my grandparent's houseboat. It's just so beautiful and serene, it's hard to explain. All I know is I absolutely loved it!
-I also got to start and finish a book I was supposed to read for a book club a lady in our ward started. It was a really good read, and so fun to have a little down time to actually read a book.

Overall, it was such a relaxing, fun and much needed family vacation!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

That looked like a fun trip with your family! Your boys are getting big:)

Anonymous said...

Rockpot is so fun! We love it up there. Looks like you had a lot of fun! Your family is growing up! I need to come see you before the summer is out. When is a good day???