 |
| Milk and cookies out for Santa! |
 |
| Dalton has been questioning his belief in Santa this year. I love that he still wants to believe so bad! I went to check on all the kids to see if they were asleep and this is what I saw: Dalton said he was watching for Santa and he could see Rudolf's glowing nose! |
 |
| Then he begged me to take this picture of him doing ninja turtle moves in his new P.J.'s from Grandma Weston with his ninja turtle toys. |
The Children were nestled all snug in their beds...
 |
| Gunnar and Ridge wanted to sleep in the same bed for Christmas Eve. This lasted a total of about 20 minutes! They were messing around too much and Ridge was bugging Gunnar so Ridge ended up back in his own bed:) |
 |
| Kara was the only one really asleep when I went to check on them all:) She's not quite old enough to get all hyped up on Christmas Eve. |
 |
| Dalton pretending to be sound asleep;) |
 |
| At last all is peaceful, the kids are asleep and we are ready for Santa to come! |
Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of what it looked like right after Santa came. I also didn't get a picture of Jake's trip wire he made to catch any sneaky kids! He rigged a string on the stairs that connected to two light switches right outside our bedroom door so if any kids tried to go see what Santa had brought early they would be busted! Which is exactly what happened to Dalton at 3am! We made him go back to sleep until 7! We're so mean!
It was so fun this year to see how excited the boys were about giving gifts to each other and to Jake and I. I think they were just as excited about that as they were about their Santa gifts. Here they are giving Jake their gifts.
 |
| Ridge scored big time and ended up getting TWO awesome dinosaurs! He was pretty excited! |
 |
| Ridge with his monster truck Gunnar gave him. |
 |
| Ridge with his bow and arrow set Dalton gave him. |
 |
| Gunnar is sooo excited about his awesome remote control car he got from Santa. He said, "it's exactly what I wanted!" Apparently he made it on to the nice list this year;) |
 |
| Kara got spoiled rotten! She ended up with way more presents then she had the attention span to open! |
 |
| We had the sweetest baby sitter a few weeks ago. She brought craft supplies and wrapping paper and helped the boys make us some adorable Christmas presents! |
 |
| Gunnar made us this adorable elf ornament! Gunnar also gave me a note all wrapped up that said, "I will not talk back." I thanked him and told him that would be the greatest Christmas present ever! He said, "well, at least over the Christmas break!" |
 |
| Dalton gave me the pillow that had kept Ridge and I warm after the car accident:) |
 |
| Gunnar gave me a new rolling pin that I desperately needed! |
 |
| Dalton gave Gunnar a new lego set. |
 |
| Kara loving her new baby! |
 |
| Trying to get Kara to finish opening her presents:) |
 |
| Dalton and Jake playing with our new chess set. Dalton was pretty excited about this present! I didn't get a picture but Dalton got an MP3 player from santa which he loves! |
We went over to Grandma and Grandpa Dalton's for Christmas brunch.
 |
| Gunnar opening his presents from Grandma and Grandpa |
All the grand kids got new jammies and socks and a toy.
 |
| Kara loves her new big teddy bear! |
 |
| Gunnar got a new baseball set! |
 |
| Dalton got a dodge ball game. |
 |
| Ridge got a CAT tractor toy. |
Jake and I made each family a "fruit family" basket.
 |
| Candace and Jeff with their fruit family. |
 |
| Laura and Brandon and their fruit family |
 |
| Natalie and Clayton and their fruit family |
 |
| Me and Jake |
 |
| We tried to get a picture of all the grand kids together:) |
 |
| Mom and Dad and their fruit family: Them, their cat, dog, and mules:) |
 |
| A closeup of Candace and Jeff's fruit family |
 |
| Jake and Kara:) |
 |
| Dalton and Brandon trying out Dalton's new dodge ball game. |
 |
| For Christmas dinner we invited our friend and neighbor Charles Long over. Charles had fun driving Gunnar's car around! |
 |
| He also had a good time throwing dodge balls at Jake! |
 |
| Gunnar, Charles, Dalton, Kara, Jake and Ridge |
After dinner and playing for awhile we invited Charles to watch the Christmas movie Joy to the World that the church had sent out a few years ago. It tells the story of Christ's birth and mission. It was nice to have the kids settle down for a bit and end Christmas with an emphasis on our Savior and really what Christmas is all about.
 |
| Now these little monkies are ready for bed! |
We had a wonderful Christmas! The kids are all at such fun ages and it just makes it so fun and magical! It has been so neat having Kara here with us for Christmas. My heart is so full! I'm so grateful to my Heavenly Father for blessing me to have these angels in my life! I'm so grateful for my Savior and his unconditional love. I love the holiday season and the opportunity we have to focus on the Savior and strive to be more like him.
No comments:
Post a Comment