Well, it has not been a very lucky month for us. I sprained my ankle pretty good about a week and a half ago. So I've been hobbling around. Monday morning (June 30th) I told the boys that they could ride the dirt bike after they unloaded the camper. Gunnar and his friend Stran were out taking turns riding the dirtbike. I was sort of watching from the kitchen window while I was getting some things done. The next thing I know Gunnar comes into the house crying hysterically. I asked him what happened and he said he didn't know-he couldn't remember. I found Stran and asked him to tell me what happened. He said Gunnar went off a jump and got a lot of air and when he landed the bike went all wobbly and then he crashed behind some weeds. When Stran got to him he was laying there with his eyes shut, his helmet had flown off and then he started blinking his eyes when Stran got to him.That made me really worried. I took him to the clinic and they told me to take him to the ER. We spent almost all day at the ER. He has a bad broken collar bone but they don't think he needs surgery. He sees an orthopedic specialist next week. He has to wear a sling pretty much the whole rest of the summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment