I just woke up from the most amazing dream. I dreamed that all my Dalton family had came over for a big family party. My Uncle Pete and Aunt Linda had brought my Grandma Dalton. They were wheeling her out to their car in her wheelchair. I was walking out with them. Before they loaded her in the car I bent down to give her a hug and a kiss. I said, "guess what Grandma?" She said, "what?" I said, "we get to adopt Kara!" She squeezed me so tight and squealed excitedly and said, "that's wonderful news! Our prayers have been answered!" I held her so tight and started crying. We both cried together. It was so vivid! I woke up and could still feel her hug and hear her voice. It was so real! When I awoke my pillow was soaked from tears. I'm still sobbing as I type this. I wanted to hurry and write it down so I won't forget. Through these trying past few months I have felt my Grandma close and am certain she has been doing all she can from the other side to help Kara. I feel that this dream is confirmation of that and am so grateful for this sweet tender mercy!
My Grandma passed away on October 17, 2014. The weeks prior to her death her memory began slipping more and more. About a week before she passed I was visiting with her. She had a hard time telling me who I was, who Jake was, or who the boys were. I know she knew, but wasn't able to connect it from her brain to her mouth. I started saying, "I'm Alayna, Jeff's daughter, I'm married to Jake, I have three boys, Dalton, Gunnar, and Ridge, I have a foster daughter-" Before I could finish the sentence she said, "Oh yes, Kara!" As we were visiting that last time I told her how much I love her and what a wonderful example she is to me. I knew that her time here on earth was drawing to a close and I so badly wanted to ask her to ask God and Jesus when she saw them to please help Kara. I was so worried about her! Instead I asked Grandma if she would please pray for Kara. She said she would. She always had a special place in her heart for Kara. She would always tell me about her foster sister that her parents had adopted, Geri Alford Patchett. I am so grateful for the strong faithful influence my Grandma has been and continues to be in my life. I know that death is not the end of those ties and that she is still so very near and aware of what's going on with her family and is anxiously doing all she can to help us live righteously so we can be with her once again. I know that it's not a coincidence I had this dream tonight. Today Kara's Dad officially signed away his parental rights. Her Mom had signed hers away last week. So as of today we are officially on the path to being able to adopt Kara! How fitting that my Grandma was able to celebrate this with me! I love you Grandma!
2 comments:
I love you Alayna and the strength and faith you have. You are an amazing example to all. I am so happy for you and your family. This little girl needs you:)
Alayna..
Thank you for letting me read your blog. I have been feeling very antsy about life and I don't know where we're heading. Reading your testimony has brought me such peace. Thank you.
Post a Comment