Today was Kara's blessing day!!! Jake gave Kara the most beautiful blessing today at the beginning of our Sacrament meeting. I recorded it with my phone because I think one day Kara may want to hear it again. This is what her blessing said: "Our Father in Heaven with the power and authority of the Melchizedek priesthood which we hold we lay our hands on this child to give her a name and a blessing. The name which has been chosen is Kara Mae Weston. Kara at this time we wish to give you a blessing. In the three short years you have been on this earth you've already seen so much of what this world has to offer and also what our Father in Heaven has to offer. Kara you're surrounded by so many inspiring people who care for you. Our Father in Heaven has blessed you with more than you may recognize and I bless you that you will come to recognize these blessings. Our Father in Heaven has planted you in the most fertile soil on this earth. In a loving family, among wonderful neighbors, a ward and community that holds our Father and his son Jesus Christ in high regard and recognize the importance they are in their life. I bless you that you will have that same understanding and realization in your own life. I bless you that you will be filled with gratitude for all those who have blessed your life so far. I give you a special blessing that you will continue to develop a strong and lasting bond with your Mother Alayna. Come to trust and love her as your own. I bless you that that you will become close to the spirit. Understand and recognize his promptings in your life as God will have you do. Our Father in Heaven clearly has a purpose for you Kara. He has blessed you and taken you from where you were and placed you on this path for a reason. I bless you that in time you will come to understand those purposes and be able to fulfill the things our Father in Heaven has in store for you; which are many and great. I bless that you will continue to develop strong mentally, physically and socially and the challenges you have faced will become strengths to you and add to your life experience and add to your testimony and the person you are and not take away. Kara I wish to express my love for you and the love of those around you and hope that plants deep into your heart so that love may strengthen you now and the rest of your life.
I leave these blessings on you and any others our Father in Heaven sees fit in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."


No comments:
Post a Comment