Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sick!

I don't have any pictures of this, lucky for you, but my mother-in-law thought I should write this story down. I told it to her today and she was laughing hysterically!
Sunday after church we had my parents and Laura over for dinner. Jake made breaded fish and it was sooo good. We had lime rickies to drink and Gunnar probably drank too much. I was just finishing the last of my delectable meal when Gunnar stands up, says "my tummy hurts!" And pukes all over the kitchen floor. Everyone kindof jumps back to avoid being spewed upon. Jake and I both kindof lunge towards Gunnar at the same time. Unfortunately, while we were all eating dinner and conversing Dalton had gotten down from the table because he was finished eating, went down to his room to get his cowboy rope, came back to the kitchen and proceeded to tie Jake's legs together and then tie them to his chair. None of us noticed that's what Dalton was doing. So when Jake went to lunge for Gunnar he just about face planted it in puke! Luckily he was able to catch himself in time but the cowboy rope got puke on it (which was devastating for Dalton!) So I got to Gunnar before Jake could and stood behind him and rubbed his back while he continued to heave his guts out. Poor little guy! I'm starting to feel a little queesy myself and I start dry heaving. My dad says,"don't puke or I will too!" My mom tells me to go away and she'll clean up the puke (thanks Mom!)and Jake got himself untied and took Gunnar to the shower. So that was the end of our relaxing Sunday dinner.

Last night we were supposed to go to Jake's parent's house because his sister Jenny was opening her mission call. I was making dinner, my dad stops by to visit, just as he walks in the house I hear Dalton say, "my tummy hurts!" And he runs to the bathroom to throw up. Luckily he made it to the toilet! So the past two times my dad has been here my kids have thrown up! Dalton was sick all last night so I stayed home with the boys while Jake went over to watch Jenny open her mission call. She's going to Carlsbad, California. CONGRATS JEN! Today Dalton is doing a ton better! He's back to his normal,active self. He was even begging to have a friend come over to play! I told him no way, you were just throwing up last night! Hopefully we're done with the pukes for awhile:)

2 comments:

Mary said...

The rope tying was great. but poor guy it is never fun to throw up. hope he stays feeling better.

Candace said...

I'm glad their all feeling better. I love the 4-D ultra sound it turned out so good! Yeah, for another little boy!

We'll have to take the boys bowling sometime since Dalton is a pro!