Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Chicken Chili

A few weeks ago I hosted our ward's cooking enrichment class. Here' s the recipe I made if anyone wants it. We really like it, especially on cold wintery days!

Chicken Chili
2 cooked chicken breasts (shredded)
2 cans great northern white beans
1 can chicken broth (2 c. water, 2 chicken bouillon cubes)
1 can green chilies
1 chopped onion
1 t. salt
1 t. garlic powder (I add ½ t. extra garlic)
1 t. oregano
1 t. cumin
½ t. pepper
1/8 t. cayenne pepper
Optional: a few shakes crushed red pepper
Leave in crock pot for six hours then add:
½ c. whipping cream (or 1 cube cream cheese)
1 c. sour cream
Mix together and serve!
Note: I make mine with cream cheese instead of whipping cream and I add the cream cheese and sour cream at the same time I add all the other ingredients. I just add everything a few hours before we plan to eat.

No comments: