Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Back to school already:(

We had back to school night last night. Dalton got to meet his first grade teacher. First Grade! I can hardly believe it! I was on the verge of tears all night. I can not believe that my baby is this old already! The school just barely hired a new first grade teacher to minimize class room size and Dalton was selected to be in her class. I was not aware of this so we went to the class we had been assigned the end of last school year, and looked all over for Dalton's name and couldn't find it. We finally asked the teacher and she told us that Dalton was one of the one's switched to the new teacher's class. I was a little flustered. We had been telling Dalton all summer who his teacher was, and had been talking to other parents and kids to figure out who else that we knew were in his class. I guess I don't do so well with change. It's a good thing my son does though. He was such a trooper! He was just like, I have a different teacher? Ok. No big deal. He went right up to the new teacher, introduced himself, showed her how he can read, then ran around the room finding his name and exploring the class room. His new teacher seems really nice and he said that he really likes her. He said that she looks a little bit like Mrs. Smith, his Kindergarten teacher. I'm sure he'll do great in first grade! We'll see how well I do having him gone all day every day . . .

No comments: