Ridge has had croup this past week, and I've had a head cold. Jake spent a few days in Minnesota for work while Ridge and I were feeling the worst. It made me really appreciate how much Jake does for me and our family when he's home. I do have some amazing friends and neighbors though. I'm so grateful to live in a community where people watch out for their neighbors and truly love and care for eachother. Stephanie Hurd stopped by and took Gunnar to her house to play with Gage for a few hours this week, then Geana stopped by on her way home from parent teacher conference and took Dalton and Gunnar with her for a few hours, Margo Maw dropped off some vicks liquid to put in Ridge's humidifier. Our Relief Society president just dropped off a huge pot of soup. I am overwelmed at how thoughtful and kind the people in our town are. I feel so very blessed to live in such a wonderful community. I took Dalton and Gunnar to church today while Jake stayed home with Ridge. I've given Jake my cold so he felt pretty crummy all day today. I still have a headache and sinus congestion that won't go away, but I'm feeling a little better. In sacrament meeting this morning Braxton got up and bore his testimony and almost all of his primary class followed his example. Dalton kept telling me that he wanted to go up there but he was too scared. He said part of him really wanted to bare his testimony, but part of him didn't. I told him to not let his fear conquor his faith. I said that if he went up there, I would go with him. So Dalton and I walked clear up to the stand and sat up there until the person ahead of us was finished. While we were waiting I asked him if he was still nervous, and he told me, "no, I feel much better now." He said that he wanted to go before me. He went right up to the microphone and bore the most beautiful, sincere, sweet testimony. I'm so proud of him! I'm grateful for the good friends and examples for my kids in our ward. As I was baring my testimony I talked about having a conversation over the weekend with a good friend of mine. We talked about the second coming of our saviour, and how it is getting closer. One thing that brings me comfort is that we've been promised that if we are prepared we shall not fear. I'm grateful to have the counsel and guidance from our prophets and leaders.
After church Dalton told Jake about sacrament and how he "buried his testimony!" It was so cute that he thought the past tense of bare is buried!
No comments:
Post a Comment