Friday, December 23, 2011

....A few of my favorite things









Today I got to do a few of my favorite things. Fist, I got to tend my cute little nieces Malory and Maddie. Maddie is five months old, it was so fun to get to hold a baby again:) Malory is 3 years old and loves horses. Jake saddled up Foxy and we took Malory on her first horse ride. Then Jake said he would watch the kids so I could take Foxy for a ride. I haven't ridden in forever! Riding horses has always been one of my favorite past times, but since becoming a mother I haven't found the time to ride very often anymore. It was so nice to get to go for a little ride. I even loped Foxy and tried a few techniques I haven't tried since college. It was so fun! It was also fun to watch Jake turn into a cowboy for a little while. I love seeing how much he enjoys riding, it makes me so happy. Then we taught Dalton how to ride all by himself. He caught on after a short five minute lesson and was soon riding like a pro. He's a natural! He even trotted her around the barrels and had her doing figure eights, going in and out of the ditch, and backing up. He said, "this is the best day of my life!" I'm such a proud mom! It brings me such joy to see him loving horses just as much as I did at his age and still do.

No comments: