Monday, July 22, 2013

Bear Lake July 17-21 2013

These pictures are in random order so I'll just explain each one:

We loved gathering around the camp fire each night and roasting marshmallows, chit chatting, and sleeping?

Ahhh, my sweet little baby Ridgey has fallen asleep in my arms. I know he's four, but I can still hold him while he sleeps right? Reminds me of a line from the story "I'll love you forever" ... as long as I'm living my baby you'll be...

We spent two days at the lake and had a blast! Laynie's climbing on the boat and that's Denim and Brax on the tubes, a crew of kids with Blake on Ed and Brittney's relaxation station, and that's Ed and Brittney on Troy's wave runner.

Jake and Ridge on the wave runner. Ridge absolutely loved it! Jake said Ridge was so excited to ride around on it!


Denim and Braxton waiting patiently to be pulled by the boat.

Gunnar getting a turn to drive the wave runner.

Brody and Ridge having a blast riding on the boat!

Dalton pulling the tubes in with that shocked look that bear lake water gives you once you're in past your waist!

Ridge chasing the seagulls! He had so much fun on the north beach! It's the perfect beach for kids because it's so shallow for such a long ways. I wish I would've gotten a video of Ridge barrel rolling in the water!

Gunnar got to be a pretty good wave runner driver!

Gage, Gunnar, and Jed Hurd 

Gage and Gunnar

Add caption


Jed and Joe Hurd

The picture says it all!

Me and Brax

Geana and I got to take the wave runners to the loading dock. It was a blast to ride them with out any kids for a little while!


Jake loves to think of creative games for the kids to play. Gunnar, Jake, Dakota, Dean Hall, and Camron

Becky was a genius and thought to bring play doh! The kids loved it!

Ridge making his play doh creation.

Hanging out at the bowery. This is where we had our breakfasts and dinners. Jake and I made fish, beef, and chicken street tacos for our assigned dinner. We strung some white lights around the bowery and had a Mexican fiesta afterwards, complete with some zumba, line dancing, the hokey pokey and the macarena. Gonzalo was awesome at the Macarena! 

The kids had a good time playing on the tire swing. 

Road Trip!

We stopped and visited our good friends the Checkett's in Dayton Idaho on our way home. Logan was out of town for work, but it was still so good to see LuElla and the kids. My kids call LuElla and Logan's kids their Idaho cousins! We love them! 

Ridge and Hayden became good friends/trouble makers together;)

I have the best husband ever! He kept all nine kids entertained so LuElla and I could chat:) 

Me and LuElla. We were inseperable in high school. Our senior year we had 6 out of 8 classes together, we worked together after school, ran track together, did FFA together, and still had to talk on the phone every night after work! Somehow we never ran out of things to talk about! Even though we are now miles away from eachother, and crazy busy with our families and kids, we still stay in touch and are great friends:) She is such an amazing person and has always been such a great example to me!





Our last day at camp we had a BB Gun competion. Blake and Jessica had prizes and everything! It was pretty serious! So fun!

Some of the boys on the relaxation station at the lake.

Jake drew this picture of Gonzalo knee boarding. He knee boarded forever! I don't think he knew he was supposed to pull himself onto his knees so he just laid on the board and held on for dear life! We were worried that he was afraid to let go. When he finally did we asked if he was ok and he said he was, I couldn't quite tell if he liked it or not. 

Most of the kids and Bryce, minus The Hurd's and Troy's boys. 

Group picture: Bryce and Erin Moyes and their kids: Ben, Abby, Grace, and Spencer; Jake and I and our boys; Blake and Jessica and their kids: Brody and Emma; Gary and Becky: Justin, Lindsey, and Carson; Shane and Geana: Braxton, Dakota, Camron, and their exchange student Gonzalo; Ed and Brittney: Laynie, Allie, Dean, and Kyler
Missing: Joe and Steph Hurd: Jed, Gage, Cori and Troy Facer and his boys Jake and Denim who all left early 
We just got home from our annual friends' trip. This year we went to Bear Lake and stayed at Blake's family's property in Paris, Idaho. We had such a fun time! I absolutely love this group of people! It's great that all the guys are still friends and what's even more amazing is they all married incredible women that I admire so much and we all just get along so well! The kids all get along great too! It really is incredible! It is just so refreshing and pleasant to be around this whole group!

No comments: