Saturday, January 1, 2022

Kara's Baptism Spotlight

From the first moment I looked into Kara's eyes I knew that she was a precious daughter of our Father in Heaven and that she had an amazing strong and beautiful spirit. Kara had a rough start to this mortal life, but our Father in Heaven has always been mindful of her and kept her in his care. The Lord has definitely had his hand in Kara's life and has led her to be part of our family. I am so incredibly grateful that Kara is my daughter and we can't imagine life without her. From the time Kara was a baby she has had a very strong compass and a sensitive spirit that has sought out righteousness. She has a love for music, especially primary songs. I find it no coincidence that the first song I ever sang to her was "I am A Child of God' and Kara was able to feel the spirit testify of the truthfulness of that song and was immediately comforted. I know that Kara is a beloved daughter of God and I know that she knows that. Our Father in Heaven has incredible things in store for you Kara!
A few fun things about Kara: She has such a zest for life and gets so excited about whatever big thing is coming up next on the calendar. She is so smart and remembers dates and times of activities she's looking forward to and counts down for weeks! She is very social and loves spending time with her cousins and friends. Kara has 8 cousins that have a birthday within a year of hers! How lucky is she! Pretty much the first thing she asks every day after school is, "can I play with a friend?" She loves school and enjoys learning and especially socializing! Her favorite subjects in school are
She loves to play the piano and can hear a tune somewhere and then go figure out how to play it on the piano- it amazes me! She loves tumbling and dance and wants to play every sport. So far she's tried out softball and indoor soccer. She has a ton of energy! She loves to ride 4 wheelers and dirt bikes, loves to go camping, and loves to ride her horse. She loves to snow ski in the winter and knee board in the summer. Funny story about when she learned to knee board- she was 5 and Ridge was 8 and she was watching Ridge knee board and she said I want a turn! Jake and I both thought oh, boy this isn't going to end well! We thought she was way too little and there was no way she would be able to knee board. But she jumped right on that knee board and was able to figure it out her first try! She has always thought she could do anything Ridge can do and she keeps up with him pretty good! She has now decided that this summer she's going to learn to wakeboard- and I'm sure she will! She loves her brothers, even though they like to tease and pester her a lot! And trust me, she can hold her own with them just fine! She is excited to get to have her big brother Dalton baptized her today! She's also so excited to have her Daddy confirm her. Kara is our little snuggle buddy and we love that about her! Every morning she wakes up and comes into Jake and I's room for her morning snuggles!
Kara your Dad and I are so proud of you for making the choice to be baptized and to covenant to live your life following our Savior's example. We love you so much! Bentley we are also so proud of you for also making the choice to be baptized today! I want both you girls to look around you for just a minute and notice all the people who are here to support you today! You are both so very loved! Our Heavenly Father is so proud of you! I know that as you keep your baptismal covenants and strive to live your life so that the Holy Ghost can always be with you, you will have the comfort and guidance you need to follow our Heavenly Fathers' plan for you and He will bless your life. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: