Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Past Seven Years of Halloween Parties!!!




Every October some of our friends (Judd & Shalee Cook and Ed & Britney Hall) throw a murder mystery Halloween party. I look forward to these parties every year. They are so much fun! Here's a quick summary of how the party works: there's a different theme every year, each person is given an envelope prior to the party that tells them the character they are playing for the party and how to dress for the part, then at the party you are given a new envelope telling you where you were and what you were doing when the "murder" took place. The murderer finds out in that envelope that they are the murderer and they are the only one who can lie, everyone else has to stick to their "script." The object of the game is to try to figure out who the murderer is. It's hilarious! One of my favorite memories was from probably about five years ago. The theme was "awesome eighties" we all had to dress in hilarious eighties clothes and Jake carried a boom-box on his shoulder and we walked into the party with it blaring Bon Jovi's "living on a prayer!" Then Ben Hale entertained us with a guitar solo & vocal performance of "every rose has it's thorns!" It was priceless! This years party is this Saturday. The theme is "Sixties Hippies." These pics are from last year's party.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

So I thought you were going to put ALL the pictures from the past parties on here! Not just last year!! I wanna see more! :) JK these are still fan-freakin-tastic! LOve ya!

Tara said...

Man I wish I could have been there that year...I still have that framed picture ya'll gave me at thee bbq you had right before we got married. What a fun Party...to bad we can't make a special guest apperance!