Saturday, October 18, 2008

Soccer


Help! I'm caught in the spider web!

One of the few times Dalton listened to his coach.

Practice before the game

Gunnar watching from the sidelines wearing his Daddy's hat.
ARRR Matey! I'm a pirate!
Today was Dalton's last soccer game until spring. He has been hilarious to watch to say the least. His first game he was on fire and scored four out the five goals his team scored. But since that first game I don't know what has happened. I don't know if he's just lost interest or something but he gets out on the field and he just kindof lally gags, or pretends the net is a spider web and gets stuck in it, or pretends he's a transformer and falls down into a tight ball to transform! It's quite entertaining!
In case you're wondering I'm feeling much better since my last post. The mighty hunters got home last night. . .with three nice bull elk! So all four of them filled their tags, they are ecstatic. I'll post some pics soon.
This afternoon we set up a meat processing shop in Shane and Geana's garage and got Shane's elk all turned into burger, Dallas' deer all cut up, and Jake's antelope and one quarter of his elk made into burger. The other three quarters of Jake's elk got completely frozen to the inside of our freezer! While we were processing everything else Jake, Shane, and Cody came over and were able to pry the rest of the elk out of the freezer with a crow bar. Now we just have to let it thaw out and we can finish it up and be done with dead stuff for a little while! I told Jake he has to at least give me and the boys the amount of days he's been hunting. So no more hunting for at least 30 days!

1 comment:

The Ballard's said...

I am glad you are feeling better. I think you may be deserving of a few days to yourself. Maybe you could go hunting at... the spa. I can't believe you processed all of that. I wish you had posted a picture of the elk in the freezer. What a hoot.