Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Me and my sweetheart! Jake and the boys woke me up this morning to give me their valentine's presents. Gunnar gave me a heart shaped box of chocolates, Dalton gave me a box of heart shaped brownies, and Jake gave me bulbs and flower seeds for my flower beds:)


Ridge enjoying his valentine's dinner. He actually ate most of it!


Dalton and Gunnar giving my a thumbs up! That must mean they like their dinner:)
















I got the opportunity to help with the first grade Valentine's party today. Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera so I don't have any pictures from the party. I was in charge of helping the first graders make cards. I thought it would be fun to let them decorate with glitter- you should have seen Dalton's teacher's classroom! I didn't realize what a messy combination 110 kids and three jumbo containers of glitter could be! They sure had fun though!






Jake took me shopping at the Gateway on Saturday and then to Charlie Chow's for dinner since he had to check on things at work anyways. So tonight we decided to have Valentine's dinner at home with the kids. We had heart shaped meatloaf, homemade sushi- (my favorite!), chocolate dipped strawberries, and pina coladas to drink. It was nice to spend Valentine's night with my boys:) I'm so grateful to get to share my life with so many people I love:) I feel so very blessed!

5 comments:

Tara said...

That's one awesome meatloaf! You know how to make sushi? I agree...Valentine's was better spent with all the men in my life!

valerie said...

Homemade sushi?? How?? Brian LOVES sushi (me too), but it can be an expensive habit...

Natalie said...

how the crap did you make homemade sushi??????

Jake and Alayna said...

Val, I agree- Sushi is a very expensive habit! We just googled how to make homemade sushi, there's all sorts of tutorials on youtube. I just made the sushi rice, Jake did the artistic putting it all together and rolling it.

Erin said...

Sounds like fun. I can't believe you made sushi. Christopher would be in HEAVEN!!!!