Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Grateful

I just stepped outside to turn the sprinklers off and decided to take a minute to just look at the stars. I laid down on the swing on the back patio and just peered into the sky for a few minutes. I was overwhelmed with such an overpowering feeling of gratitude for all that my Heavenly Father has blessed me with. The stars in the sky, this wonderful community I live in, my amazing husband- who really is my everything, my boys-who are my world, my beautiful home, the spectacular world that was created for us to enjoy, both mine and Jake's parents, our brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews, grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins, our awesome friends. I could go on and on. I love this time of year to celebrate the birth of our country and the arrival of the pioneers to our state. It really is amazing when you think about it. Another thing I love about July is it is the month that Jake and I had our very first date. July 7th 2001. 12 years ago, although I remember it like it was yesterday. Every July I still get a little twitterpated when I think about all of Jake and I's firsts together. Our first date, the first time I met all his family at the annual 24th of July extended family breakfast for dinner. My first time going camping with his friends after we'd just been dating 2 weeks! We went river rafting with his friends and Lynn and Kay Moyes' family that July. We just got home tonight a little while ago from the annual Weston pioneer day dinner. I love that they're still keeping that tradition alive. We went to Bear Lake last week with Jake's high school friends and their wives and families- what amazing people they all are! I think back to twelve years ago this month and how that decision to be Jake's girlfriend, fiance, and wife has affected the course of my life. The BEST decision I've ever made! I know without a doubt I'm not capable of making that good of decisions on my own and I'm so grateful the Lord helped me know what his plan was for me. 12 years later and I couldn't be happier! I feel so very blessed to be married to such a wonderful man who still treats me like a queen and is such a wonderful husband, father, friend, priesthood holder and everything I could have dreamed I would want my husband to be and so much more! I am extremely grateful he is by side to help me raise these three crazy, fun, hyper, beautiful little boys! What a blessing it is to be their mother! It isn't always easy, in fact it's downright hard! But I am extremely humbled and feel so very blessed that the Lord trusted Jake and I enough to send us these strong spirits to raise. I think far to often in life we get so caught up in the daily grind, barely feeling like we have time to breathe, that we don't take the time to smell the roses or look at the stars. I'm glad I took the time tonight, it really helps me keep a more balanced perspective on the things that matter most.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I loved reading your posts. It looks like you have a had a fun summer. I love Flaming Gorge. Your boys are getting so big:-)

Shane and Geana said...

That was beautiful. Thanks for posting that I need it.