Weds. was his first day of school and he was so excited . . .until we actually got to the door of the preschool. There was a little girl crying just outside the door. Dalton went to walk into the room and then he stopped, backed up and grabbed my hand. I asked him if he wanted me to walk in with him and he took a deep breath and said, "No, I can do it." He looked scared to death! Then he walked into the room and was fine. I stood there and watched him for a few minutes and then Gunnar and I left. It was the saddest thing ever! He's grown up so fast! It seems like just yesterday I was rocking him to sleep and feeding him mush!
Since I'm reminiscing about Dalton I'll share a few stories about him. When I was pregnant with him I knew from the time I first felt him move that he was going to be a busy little boy. I worked at the bank as a teller and one of the girls I worked with told me she couldn't stand looking at me cuz it creeped her out cuz my tummy was always moving. Any time my tummy would bump against the cash drawer Dalton would kick at it! From the time Dalton became mobile he has been into everything! Nothing is safe! He has this fascination with food coloring - last year in Mother Goose Time Preschool they made pumpkin juice with red and yellow food coloring and milk and now he is always dying our milk different colors. I'd be a little bit more ok with it if it was just the milk he was dying, but I'm not ok with him dying our couch and his clothes . . . So I moved the food coloring to the cupboard above the fridge and guess who somehow found it? He must have searched every cupboard! For Mother's Day Dalton came up with the idea all by himself that he wanted to buy me a new dress. So Jake took me shopping and we bought a new dress and some jewelry (from Gunnar) and Dalton proudly gave it to me for Mother's Day! So I put the dress on to wear to church that day and he said, "Mom you look beautiful!" Such a sweet heart! He has always loved having books read to him. That's about the only time he'll sit still. I've had several people tell me I should write a book about the daily mischief Dalton gets into. He really is a good kid, he has such a big heart! He is just very busy! Probably the worst thing he ever did is he went through this phase about a year ago where he was peeing all over the house. These weren't just accidents though, he would pull down his pants and underwear and just go wherever he felt like it. I'll never forget the day I caught him peeing in the heater vent! I asked him why he peed in the heater vent and he said, "I didn't know I couldn't." My bad. I guess I should have taken him on a tour of the house and shown him every place he wasn't supposed to pee then maybe I would have never had that problem! Thankfully he doesn't do that anymore!
He's really into super heroes right now. Spider Man is his favorite. He has these spider man pajamas and when he wears them he becomes Spider Man. He is hilarious! He has the best memory! He remembers things from when he was eighteen months old! He amazes me! He has had our phone number and Grandma's phone number memorized from the time he was three. There has been quite a few times when I thought he was just playing make believe talking on the phone when he has actually been on the phone talking to Grandma! He figured out how to start the four wheeler when he was eighteen months old. He continually amazes me with the things he says, he is so smart! If I was to describe Dalton in four words they would be: Smart, Hilarious, Loud, and Loveable. Sure love you buddy!
4 comments:
HA HA The pee thing makes me laugh!! Dalton is so a big boy now! Thats weird to me!! He's grown up too fast! I
We love you Dalton! Your such a big boy!
Might I say that is some pretty impressive journaling for that massive headache you had, I hope you are feeling better. Your boys are so cute, I think the ADD and OCD thing is hilarious!! Boys--so full of life.
Dalton sounds like grace she is so full of energry she is such a busy little girl.
Post a Comment