Saturday night while I was at my friend's wedding reception Jake was putting rock on the house and Gunnar was pushing a truck around on the front porch and the truck slipped and he face planted it on the concrete! So he got a pretty bad owie, it was a pretty good goose egg when he first did it. My dad was here finishing up some plumbing so he took the boys to country corner to get them some candy to distract Gunnar and get him to stop crying. I can't believe how fast Gunnar is growing up! He's my baby! What's nice about Gunnar is he still lets me hold him and rock him, he still wants to be a baby. He's my little cuddle bug! I can't believe how well he's talking! He's always been a jabberer. From the time he was just a little baby he was always talking jibberish. But after he turned about eighteen months the jibberish all of a sudden turned to complete sentences! I was amazed! And now he'll talk your ear off! Gunnar has been my mellow child. My pregnancy with him was so different than with Dalton. Gunnar didn't move near as much as Dalton did. There was one point in my pregnancy a few weeks before my due date that I went in for a non-stress test to make sure he was ok because he hadn't moved for 24 hrs. The doctor assured me that he was fine and was probably just a really mellow baby. And he really was. He's been so much calmer than Dalton was. He was content just to sit and be held all through sacrament meeting. Since he's turned two he's a little bit more rambunctious, but still pretty mild. He loves tractors and motorcycles. He always has to have one in his hand at all times. He even sleeps with one! He's very particular. He has to have his blanky every time he goes to bed or naps. We laughingly say that Dalton is our ADD child and Gunnar is our OCD child! Gunnar can't stand having dirty hands, he has to have a napkin at every meal and wipes his hands constantly. If he's playing in the dirt he'll come up to me every 15 minutes or so and have me wipe the dirt off his hands. Gunnar has the cutest giggle! It's contagious! You can't help but laugh when you hear him laugh. If I were to describe Gunnar in four words they would be: Sweet, stubborn, chatty, and loveable. Sure love you sweetheart!
3 comments:
I'm gonna have to agree with you on the OCD and ADD!! They are both so different but thats why we love them!! Poor Gun! You didnt tell me he fell! I hope he's ok?
It looks like a pretty bad owie!!
We sure love you Gunnar!
gunnar is like Alena she is more mello then grace she loves to be held and cuddled. but she does have her moments where she is such a busy body she is so busy during church grace was never that way in church.
Post a Comment