Saturday, September 27, 2008

Tribute to Sassy


This is a picture of my Dad and Sassy about two years ago packing out an elk.

Now for the sad part of the day. My dad is up hunting with Jake, Shane, Bill, and Cody. They took all the horses with them. Well my mom called and she was all upset and my dad had called her and said that Sassy, my parent's horse, wasn't doing too well and he took her to a vet in a little town by where they were hunting and she had to be put down. I'm so sad! She was such a good horse! I guess her small intestine got bound up and she got toxic shock and she would've died within an hour after the vet saw her, she was so bad off. My dad feels awful! The vet told him it wasn't his fault, this just sometimes happens to older horses. My dad said even though she was probably in a ton of pain she gave him her all and took him an hour up the mountain before he even realized something was wrong with her. She was such a sweet horse, I can't believe she's dead! I just rode her a week ago. We took her up to get Jake's elk and she was just fine, I don't understand how this could happen so fast! I'm so sad! I'm crying as I type this and look at pictures of her. She was such a good horse. She will be greatly missed:(

1 comment:

Candace said...

I'm crying as I read this. Sassy was a great horse we'll miss her!