Well hopefully this is the last picture of "dead stuff" I will be posting on this blog, at least for this year. This one is different though because it's not something Jake shot, this one is all mine! I drew a state antlerless elk tag this year so the day before our anniversary we went elk hunting. I had sighted in the rifle the day before, a good thing to do before you plan on shooting something. I had drawn this same tag two years ago and we hiked our butts off, through three feet of snow, over like ten mountains, I almost died! And we never did get much of an opportunity at the elk. So this year I wasn't exactly thrilled about this hunt. But the weather was nice, no snow, we were able to spot some elk (thanks to my husbands impressive hunting skills) and we got to where the elk were and made it happen. I shot five times and we found three bullets in the elk. My last shot dropped it. We found out when we got to it that it had hit it in the head. At least it didn't suffer. It sure is good eatin'!
Sunday, December 7, 2008
My Elk
Well hopefully this is the last picture of "dead stuff" I will be posting on this blog, at least for this year. This one is different though because it's not something Jake shot, this one is all mine! I drew a state antlerless elk tag this year so the day before our anniversary we went elk hunting. I had sighted in the rifle the day before, a good thing to do before you plan on shooting something. I had drawn this same tag two years ago and we hiked our butts off, through three feet of snow, over like ten mountains, I almost died! And we never did get much of an opportunity at the elk. So this year I wasn't exactly thrilled about this hunt. But the weather was nice, no snow, we were able to spot some elk (thanks to my husbands impressive hunting skills) and we got to where the elk were and made it happen. I shot five times and we found three bullets in the elk. My last shot dropped it. We found out when we got to it that it had hit it in the head. At least it didn't suffer. It sure is good eatin'!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Now you are a true squa!!
Post a Comment