Here's some before and after pictures of the rock hood we just finished.
Yesterday was a crazy busy day, as most Saturdays are. Our ward had the Relief Society Christmas breakfast at 9:00, but I needed to be there at 8 to help set up and then help after. It turned out to be really nice. Our Enrichment Committee is amazing! Relief Society has been kindof crazy lately. Our president was diagnosed with Lymphoma cancer about a month ago. She's had two doses of chemo and will be getting four more. The chemo has been really hard on her, like I'm sure it is on everyone who goes through it. So right now the first counselor, secretary, and I are sort of running relief society until she's feeling better. After the breakfast I came home and painted the last of our baseboard and casing for the family room, kitchen, living room, and dining room. We're trying to finish all the finish work on phase one of our construction projects so we can start gutting the existing bedrooms in the next couple of weeks. I finally planted some tulip and daffodil bulbs, I really hope they'll grow! I cut rock for Jake for about an hour or so to help him finish the hood over the stove. Then I took the boys to the ward Christmas party. It was at the stake center combined with the 1st ward, they showed the movie Polar Express and had some train sets for the kids to play with (that's where my boys stayed during the whole movie), then Santa came! Gunnar even sat on his lap without screaming! Gunnar said, "last night (meaning last year) when I saw Santa I was scared and I cried and cried!" I couldn't believe that he could remember last Christmas, he has a good memory! I feel bad Jake couldn't come with us, he really wanted to get that dang hood finished! We're so sick of doing rock we could both scream! After doing the fireplace and the whole outside of the house it is beyond getting old! Only the wood burning fireplace, the front of the bar, and the chimney left to rock then we're difinely retiring from doing rock!
1 comment:
Looks awesome!
Post a Comment